Many technology consulting firms and Managed Service Providers have specialties, so you need to understand their service focus. You don’t want a company concentrating on backup and disaster recovery services to work on mobile device support. IT environments today are so interdependent and interconnected we recommend the IT consultants you select have a broad range of experience in many disciplines.
10 Considerations When Hiring an IT Consultant
What do you want an IT consulting firm to do?
When searching for a top IT consultants, you need to prioritize what you are looking for and understand how an IT consulting company can impact a particular project and your overall organization.
10 Ways to Engage an IT Consultant:
- Assistance with a project
- Acquisition and installation of a new piece of equipment
- To augment your IT staff bringing an “outside” perspective
- Management control of the consultant’s activities
- To create a long-term relationship?
- Help for a “mission critical” project or day-to-day support?
- Ongoing support and maintenance from this consulting firm?
- A consultant to work with your sensitive intellectual property (IP)?
- Training or a knowledge transfer from this consultant?
- Selection of a particular person for ongoing support
These considerations are essential when hiring IT consultants and should be reviewed to ensure both the success of your project and the success of your relationship.
What Kind of IT Consulting Firm Do You Need?
IT consultants that bring the most value are those with actual operating experience. IH Consulting has 20+ years experience operating all types of IT environments. It is this “depth and breadth” of skills that deliver more value to our consulting clients. Don’t be limited by selecting IT consultants with limited expertise or limited focus.
- Technology Consulting
- Strategic IT Planning
- Cloud Consulting
- IT Security Consulting
- Apple/Mac Consulting and Support
- VoIP Services Consulting
- Aligning your business objectives to your IT infrastructure
- Change management
- Analyzing the ROI on your IT investments
- Outsourcing cost analysis
- Cloud Security
- Regulatory and Compliance Management
- Backup and disaster recovery plans
- Active intrusion protection and detection
- Security monitoring
- Compliance and security
- Operating in a hybrid environment
- Voice-over-IP troubleshooting and support
- Design and configuration
- VPN, MPLS configuration
IH Consulting Understand Business Value – Not just Technology
At IH Consulting, we work daily with forward-thinking IT professionals using advanced systems focused on leveraging technology to increase business performance. Our IT consulting process is to work one-on-one with your team to understand your goals, business processes, and current information systems capabilities.
Once that is achieved, we can than re-align your technology platforms to better meet the business requirements and expectations.
Technology Independent IT Consulting
IH Consulting does not make its consulting recommendations based on relationships with various technology providers. We provide recommendations aligning with the technology best fitting your applications, performance criteria, budget, or existing IT infrastructure.
Through a comprehensive, IT consulting assessment we identify critical business and IT criteria developing a strategy to simplify your information technology environment and lead the way to a more cost-effective and reliable IT infrastructure. Our progressive solutions enable companies to grow their businesses for improved business results, taking a customer-first approach to everything we do.
Our IT consultants will leave you informed and ready to make the right choices at a cost that fits your budget.